There are thousands of disorders that may affect men during their lifetime. One of which is erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction or impotence is the inability to get and sustain a durable erection of the penis. Although this is not a life threatening condition, many men feel as though they perish under this condition, as their happiness depends on their ability to enjoy sex. For this reason, Cipla, the manufacturer of Suhagra can be considered as a lifesaver.
The effectiveness of Suhagra causes even the most impotent men to regain stamina in their sex life. Suhagra helps to the blood flow into the penis to achieve and maintain an erection by blocking the nitrate causing enzyme PDE5 (phosphodiesterase) in the body. Using Suhagra in combination with stimulating foreplay, men and women are able to once again enjoy fulfilling sex.
How to Take Suhagra
Always follow the instructions of your doctor when taking Suhagra. Your doctor will determine your ideal dose after examining your health.
TakeSuhagra with plenty of water in approximately an hour before engaging in sexual activity.
Avoid taking Suhagra more than once daily. Maximum recommended dose is 200 mg.
Meals high in fat may reduce the effectiveness of the drug. Do not consume grapefruit juice when taking Suhagra as this may increase the amount of nitrate in the blood.
How to Store Suhagra
Keep all medication out of the reach of children and animals. Store Suhagra at room temperature at 25°C (77°F) and away from sunlight and moisture. Therefore avoid storing your medication in places such as bathrooms and kitchens.
Side Effects and Safety Information
Suhagra may cause mild to moderate side effects in persons depending on their state of health. These side effects usually go away after a few hours and occur mainly with higher doses. Inform your doctor of your complete medical history particularly if you have any heart conditions.
Side effects may include:
- Flushing of the face
- Upset stomach
- Eyes sensitivity to light
- Color vision disorders
- Blurred or temporary loss of visions
More serious and rarely occurring side effects are:
- Prolonged erection for over 4 hours
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Decreased or loss of hearing
- Heart attack
- Irregular heartbeats
After an assessment your doctor will prescribe the appropriate dose for you. Therefore let your doctor know if you suffer or have suffered from any of the following conditions:
- Any kind of heart disorders
- A stroke
- Low or high blood pressure
- Visionary disorders
- Eye diseases
- Liver or kidney disorders
- Disorders of the blood such as sickle cell anemia or leukemia
- Allergies to Sildenafil or any ingredients contained in this drug
- Disorders of the penis
- Stomach ulcers or problems that cause bleeding
Suhagra does not prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
Interactions with Other Drugs
Suhagra contains the active ingredient sildenafil citrate which may react with other drugs. Therefore inform your doctor if you are taking any prescribed or over the counter medications as well as if you usually consume foods that are high in fat.
Drugs that interact with Suhagra include:
- Nitrates or “popper”
- Alpha-blockers used for treating blood pressure or prostate problems
- Protease inhibitor
- Other drugs that treat ED
- REVATIO, which is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypotension
- Antibiotics such as erythromycin ro clarithromycin
- HIV medicines such as indinavir (Crixivan), amprenavir (Agenerase), darunavir (Prezista), efavirenz (Sustiva), tipranavir (Aptivus), nevirapine (Viramune), saquinavir (Invirase, Fortovase), lopinavir/ ritonavir (Kaletra), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), ritonavir (Norvir), atazanavir (Reyataz), or nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Antifungal medication such as itraconazole (Sporanox) or ketoconazole (Nizoral)